Monday, March 10, 2014

Manicure Monday: Vinyl Disorder Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Details: Vinyl Disorder is an online company that sells all kinds of vinyl decals, prints and much more.  I was chosen to do a product review on their nail decals through Tomoson, so here it is.  To see my previous review about the company and their website click on this link.

My Review: Let me start off by saying I've been using various brands of nail decals: from Kiss, Sally Hansen, Revlon etc.  So to get the opportunity to do a product review on a company who specializes on vinyl, I was super excited to take a look at their nail decals.  They have a great selection: mustaches, shoes, faces, symbols, and more.  Comes in any color you want, plus you can request custom made nail decals as well.  Below is my manicure using the nail vinyl that Vinyl Disorder sent me to test, try and review.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
What I was given: not white or black vinyl like you see on their website

I used LA Color: Black nail polish




I put the heart vinyl on my thumb nail, 2 star vinyls on my middle finger nail,
and the beautiful lady's shoe on my ring finger nail

After letting the vinyl stay on for an hour I
 noticed the top of the shoe peeling off

see how much it peeled off

My star vinyl also started peeling off
after one hour of wearing

It was now at an hour and a half when I noticed
my heart vinyl peeling off my thumb nail

Okay, so I've noticed other brands of nail decals peeling off, but only because I put them on when my nail polish was too wet.  And those brands started peeling off immediately.  So having the vinyl peel off after wearing it for a while was really frustrating because it totally messed up my manicure.  As a busy mom, I don't get a lot of time to do my nails, hence I only do manicure Mondays.  So when I do get the time I need my nails to turn out and stay good for 6 days so I can do the next manicure Monday.

Pros: cute, fun designs, easy to put on finger nails, I love the color selection 

Cons: I had hoped for more mature colored vinyl, not vinyl for little girls and teens, the vinyl was the same material like stickers, not nail vinyl decals like what you expect from Kiss, Sally Hansen and other brands.  The vinyl started peeling off after wearing for a while, which was really disappointing as well.

In this picture, you see the manicure that I designed with the Vinyl Disorder nail vinyl decals, plus a vinyl sticker from Vinyl Disorder.  The branded sticker was way better quality than the vinyl nail decals I was given to test, try and review.  Because of the issues with the peeling, and getting little kid holographic stickers instead of real nail decals I am very disappointed and cannot recommend using this company for nail decals.

My Rating: Thumbs Down on Vinyl Disorder's Nail Decals

No comments:

Post a Comment