Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mega Mesh Screen Door


Details: Easy Install's Mega Mesh Screen Door can be purchased via the link provided.  It is a great quality magnetic screen door that are built to last, and keep bugs out.  26 Strong magnets are sewn in to keep the doors easy to go through and quick to close up behind you.  The dimensions are: 36" x 83". The mesh is a micro-mesh to keep the smallest bugs out specifically: flies, mosquitoes, beetles, wasps, moths, gnats, and fruit flies.  This is easy to install,and is going to stay put up even with heavy usage due to the velcro and nails used for installing it.  Instructions come in the package, which include 9 easy steps with colored images and everything.  Can be used in all homes, RV's, apartments and more.  Below are some benefits directly quoted from the company.

Benefits of Mega Mesh
✓ Magnetic hands-free entry
✓ Pet friendly access
✓ The low-cost way to economically cool your home
✓ Protection for your family from invading insects
✓ Easy installation
✓ Optional push-pin fixings included

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


My Review:  I got this product to use in my apartment for the deck once the weather isn't so humid.  However, when I first ordered it I didn't realize that nails and double sided sticky velcro were still used to help hold this up, so I have not been able to install this in my apartment.  However, other complexes may have less strict rules.  This is a very good idea especially for people who live in the south.  We tried this in the door frame of my In-Law's back deck door, but it wasn't wide enough to adhere to the walls of the door frame so they haven't been able to use it either.  The last place we plan on testing it is at my Great Grandma's house which is a Double Wide trailer.  Those doors just might have the 36" wide measurements that will allow me to put it up and finally take pictures of it being used.  So until that time, I am unable to actually get it up on the door frame for pictures.  I love that pets can easily go through the door, and that the magnets will quickly close it up once they are through.

What I have been able to test is that the velcro is strong, the magnets work great, the mesh is high quality, meaning its not easy to poke a hole through, sunlight still gets through the black mesh screen.  I love the idea behind this, I love how pet friendly this is, and can't wait to try this out on a door frame that will actually work with these measurements.

Pros: light weight, easy to use, magnets are really strong, mesh is high quality

Cons: the mesh door measurements aren't the standard door frame measurements anymore, so it has been difficult finding a place to actually fit this mesh door.  Most are taller and wider at least that is what I have seen in the 5 homes that I have tried.

My Rating: Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down.  Thumbs up for the idea and quality, Thumbs Down because I wasn't actually able to use this the way its intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment