Sunday, May 18, 2014

Dead Sea Mud Shampoo

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Details: Adovia mineral skin care: Dead Sea Mud Shampoo, uses Dead Sea minerals, vitamin E and Chamomile in their shampoo mixture that works for all hair types.  Comes in a 7.4 fl oz bottle.  Directions say: apply on wet hair and gently massage the hair roots and scalp.  Rinse well and repeat as needed.  Formula is made from Dead Sea mud silt, olive oil, grape seed oil, and aloe vera on top of the other minerals mentioned above.  Can be purchased on amazon.

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


My Review:  I love mud face masks, so I thought that a mud shampoo would be very cleansing and pure for my hair as well.  When I think about mud I think of a thick solution or mixture.  After opening this product and testing it out, I realized instantly that this is not thick, but actually really thin, and kind of gooey.  The shampoo is gun metal gray in color, there is a sheen to the shampoo.  This lathers into a large amount of bubbles when in your hair, feels great to use, smells nice and fresh, but isn't over powering.  I have looked at the ingredients and can't really place what the scent is, so if you have a perfume allergy (yes this is a real allergy), I would want to ask before using, just to be safe.  I haven't really noticed a difference in my hair since using it, but I needed to trade out shampoos and this is a great substitute.  So for me saying it works or it doesn't I am unable to say honestly.  It washes out easily and quickly, and I'll even let it sit in my hair for up to 3 minutes in the shower to give it extra time to work nicely in my hair.  I give this product a thumbs up and down.  Meaning its a good shampoo to use, but I honestly don't think there is anything special about it, even though it has Dead Sea mud silt.  Maybe as I continue to use this, in a month or two I'll see a bigger difference but right now after using it a couple of weeks I haven't really seen a good or bad change to my hair.

Pros: smells great, is soft and easy to use, washes out easy, within 2 weeks of using I don't see a negative difference

Cons: within 2 weeks of using I don't see a good difference,

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment