Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bilingual Children's book review


Details:  This book is in a series to help teach children either Spanish or English.  Specifically this is the third book.  With fun bright cartoon characters, easy simple words and easy simple phrases children will want to read these to help them learn a second language.  The website works along side the books with songs, word searches, audio books, games, puzzles and more.  Easy way to help your children become Bilingual between Spanish and English.  You can buy these for your kindle and tablets through amazon.

Disclaimer:  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

My Review:  The Book review: This is really cool.  This is the second book we've been able to test, try and review from this company.  My kids liked that it was actually a story this time, instead of just pictures with words that are more like flash cards in their minds.  They know the story of Cinderella, so that also helped a lot.  But because my kids are boys, they don't love it.  Again, a great book to use for anyone wanting to be bilingual, to learn English or to learn Spanish.  Teachers, parents, grandparents, and also home school parent's will enjoy using this book, and the whole series.  The last book in this series that I reviewed, the author commented that my review was short.  But when you are reviewing a short paged book there isn't a lot of content to review on.  In summary: this is a great book, and series in general.  I find that its helpful, captivating to read together as a family, or in groups of kids.  We look forwards to seeing more books we can use in our school.

The Website review: We love online resources, and helps, so having another one to add to our bookmarks is great!  My 6 year old loves the website.  He is so excited to learn Spanish in school.  The website is really user friendly, in fact it is even broken up into age groups: kindergarten, first grade all the way up to fifth grade.  As the teacher of a preschooler and a 1st grader I really love using the website games and tools along with the kindle (ebook) book.  Having different tools to help teach brings the love of teaching to the children better.  Its always more enjoyable to teach and learn if there are fun ways to do it.

Pros: fun, easy to use, simple to teach

Cons: none

My Rating: thumbs up for super cute, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment