Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Vitamin C Serum

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Details: Amara Organics: Vitamin C Serum: highest quality of Vitamin C, most stable form of Vitamin C, Natural and Organic ingredients, No parabens, never tested on animals, clinically tested formula, anti-aging serum.  Comes with Vitamin E and the base of this formula is Hyaluronic Acid.  Directions: apply small amount to finger tips and rub into freshly cleaned skin of face, neck, and decollete areas, avoiding the eyes, use daily before applying moisturizer.

My Review: I used this for off and on for a few months.  The first week I broke out really badly, from this serum.  But that's normal with my skin.  Anything new that I introduce for the first week I get a bad breakout.  But for then for the next 2 weeks I still have a bad breakout.  It wasn't fun to deal with, so I only used this on an every other day to every 3 days so my face could clear up.  The directions say to put this on with your fingers, so I would put this on in the morning, wash my hands throughout the day and even in the evening if I licked some food off my fingers it would have a horrible after taste from this Vitamin C Serum.  It was like licking rotten citrus.  Really nasty.  So that was another reason I stopped using it as much.  When I did use it first off frequently, I never really found it doing anything for my skin.  My wrinkles didn't go away, my pours didn't clear up, so to be honest, I'm not really sure if this product worked or not.  So in the end I stopped using it.  If I'm going to use a cosmetic product I want to see a difference, I don't want to deal with a break out on my face.  I don't recommend this product, but to everyone their own.  We all have different types of skin, and our skin all reacts differently to products, so my reactions may not be your reactions.

Pros: smooth, thick, stickiness goes away when its completely rubbed into skin.

Cons: I didn't feel like this did anything for me, got a bad 3 week break out on my face from using this product.

My Rating: Thumbs Down

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment