Friday, April 25, 2014

Green Tones musical instruments for Kids

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
Details: Green Tones from Hohner: Hohner is a high end name brand company that offers great musical instruments, and just started their own Green, Eco Friendly musical instruments for children of all ages.  Each instrument is made from mangowood or rubberwood.  "Green Tones: good for your child, good for the planet".  Their products improve physical skills like: sensory processing, gross and fine motor skills, sense of rhythm.  Their products improve cognitive skills like: imagination and creativity, curiosity and discovery, self expression or confidence.   Their toys are broken into age categories: 6-12 months, 24+ months, 3+ years.  As well as broken into categories like infant activities, toddler activities, preschool activities,  Safe and sustainable products: chemical free rubberwood, non toxic glue, water based VOC free paint, recycled papers, eco efficiency, reforestation with sustainable packaging too.

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

My Review:  Have you ever bought a toy or musical instrument for your child and had to toss it because it sounded horrible?  I have, and I've done it a lot, because my kids love making noise, love having fun, love playing and singing along with, and hearing music.  They don't have wooded musical instruments, and those toys drive me (their mother and home school teacher) up the wall.  So, when I found this company, I instantly fell in love with these products, and am so excited to use them with my own kids during our home schooling music class.  I am also super excited to use them with my preschoolers that I co-teach weekly.  This Melody Glockenspiel is 1. ECO FRIENDLY, 2. fun for kids, 3. beautiful to listen to. 

 My children are 7 and 4.  They love music, they love animals.  They would rather have a stuffed animal than other types of toys, because they love their animals so much.  So to get animal shaped/ themed musical instruments my older kids are STOKED!  I now have music class in school, because before I really only had cds for them to listen to and dance to, but they want to play instruments.  I made plastic Easter egg shakers, but they don't work very good, and break easily.  My kids would love to have as many of these wonderful wooden musical instruments as they can get.  The sounds that comes from this drum are beautiful, natural, and magical.  I enjoy listening to this sound, which is great because there are so many toys, especially music making ones or noise ones that don't sound good to listen too.  So I'm highly recommending this product, and all products from this company.

Product: The Melody Glokenspiel: can be found on amazon via the link provided.  This toy is great for children 3 and up.  Made with mangowood, which is 100% Eco Friendly and renewable.  Comes with 2 wooden topped mallets, to perfect the beautiful sound these metal keys bring against the wood.  This is a one octave glokenspiel, in C major.  There is a specially designed resonator chamber that enhances the tones from this instrument.  The wooden base is curved, of 15-ply natural wood, to fit comfortably in a lap or stable playing surface on tables, floors, or desks.  

My Rating: 




No comments:

Post a Comment